What’s the most popular First Dance song? What colour do bridesmaids wear the most? We answer this and ten other questions on our Top 12 Wedding Trends of 2017 – and 2018 so far; the ultimate guide to the latest trends and ideas from weddings in Redcastle and the North West of Ireland.
1. Photobooths are still very popular; however, most couples now prefer the selfie mirror and homemade booths with polaroid cameras and props.
2. The Redcastle Hotel has a lovely cart available for all weddings and most couples choose to fill it with sweets.
3. Post boxes are increasingly popular; most couples choose to have one at the arrivals reception.
4. The LED Dancefloor is becoming extremely popular among the couples getting married at the Redcastle Hotel.
5. Over half of our weddings had baskets in the bathrooms (for all the last-minute essentials).
6. Many brides and grooms choose to have an entertainer between the dessert and first dance. In 2017 we’ve had hypnotists, magicians, caricaturists, Irish dancers, comedians...
7. We have found that most of our weddings decide to have their speeches before the meal. This way, they are more relaxed right after and enjoy their meal more.
10. Pink was by far the most popular colour for bridesmaid dresses.
11. Naked cakes were most couples’ favourites. was the most popular cake provider: Kathleen Crossan
12. We saw lots of baby’s breath flowers decorating cakes, as centre pieces and in bouquets.